Tuesday 8 April 2014

The Importance of being kind.

It's been a great week at MIH Towers and do you know why? The kindness of people. 

I've had so much help, love and support recently that I wanted this blog to let people know that it hasn't gone unnotice. I'm a massive believer in karma. Business karma, life karma, love karma. You get what you deserve. Put out in to the world what you want to receive. Never underestimate the power of a thank you, a "would you like help", a hug. To you they may seem insignificant but to that person, who may be going through their own hell, it could mean the world. 

People, however strong they think they are, need support sometimes. A cheerful hug I received on Friday meant so much more. It was just a normal friendly hug but to me it was just what I needed at that time. It made me feel safe. Safe is not a place I visit often. I paid that hug forward to my mum the following day. 

I've been on twitter for a couple of years now, I jump from account to account creating tweets, building brands and playing my alter egos. From the MIH account, to my personal account, client accounts... I become a difference person. I'm what the account needs me to be. AND I LOVE IT! 
I slipped up recently, I forgot that everyone hadn't been on twitter for as long as me, they didn't have the large interaction circle, they didn't know the ropes. So when someone said "twitter is sh*t, I don't know why you bother" not only was I shocked, I didn't get it! Then I remembered my first months on twitter. It can be a scary place. 
"Will they mind if I follow them?" "Will they mind if I interrupt the conversation" "who should I follow?" 

The truth is, we're brought up to behave, be quiet, don't interrupt conversations, speak when you're spoken to. Twitter throws all those rules out of the window. You need to be assertive, confident and get your point across. SEND THE PIC OF THE CAT WEARING A BIKINI - Do it, be brave. 

The more you use twitter, the better the experience. Yeah, you'll come across some serious neg heads but that's what is so great about the 'block' button. As a whole, twitter is a great platform for personal and business growth. 

Well I'm keeping it short but sweet this time around...

Do something selfless this week... Be there for someone, even if they don't ask you to be.

Until next time
Much Love

Miss Make It Happen



Twitter - @MIH_Dee
FB - Facebook.com/MIHDee
Web - www.MissMakeItHappen.co.uk 



No comments:

Post a Comment