Wednesday 21 May 2014

#TBS2014



Last week (15-16th May) was the start of show season for business owners across the UK. The Business Show, Accountex and Legalex were at Excel in London. To me these shows are like the Oscars of the business world. If you're not attending then you're missing out on something BIG.

To me, the business show starts approximately 2 weeks before the event itself. I do a social media campaign to see who will be exhibiting and attending, i'll book times to see speakers and I also volunteer on the 4Networking stand. During the 3 days before the event I work like a horse, ensuring all work is up to date as I know full well that working as normal during the show days will go out of the window.

I'm constantly hearing people say they're too busy to attend or they don't see the point in attending these events. They are missing massive opportunities... At this years events I had several hours of networking, I got to see people from all over the country who I usually talk to online, I landed a new client, I helped people and at one point inspired someone. That's just what I personally took from the show.

The shows themselves are a hive of activity. From exhibitors to attendees, everyone is buzzing. There is constantly something going on from talks to workshops to networking. The way to know if you got the best out of the shows if you have a brain overflowing with ideas and a feet that hurt. It may take you a couple of days to get over the impact of these shows but its totally worth it.

Thank you to everyone who makes these events what they are, from the organisers, exhibitors and attendees. I would write a list of everyone who had a personal impact on me last week but i'll be here all day, you know who you are...

I'll be attending smaller events from now until the end of the year but the next BIG event in my calendar will be The Business Networking Show. Check them out HERE.

Until next time, keep smiling...

Miss Make It Happen

www.MissMakeItHappen.co.uk
 

 
 

2 comments:

  1. Great post - so many business owner no matter what the size of their business are missing out on the opportunities available at this show much untapped potential for many. Thanks for your support over the 3 days it made my debut seminars so much easier and I really enjoyed speaking there. Looking forward to doing it all over again in November BIG love The Hux

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog Dee - thanks for sharing! It was fabulous to see you! See you in November?
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete