Thursday 18 December 2014

I'm an Elf not a terrorist!

Ramblings of a redhead. 

I decided to go to work today dressed as an elf. I'm not totally mad, it's less then a week before xmas.

I noticed something on the way from home to London Euston. People stare at you if you are dressed as an elf. Some smile, some look away with either a grin or a look of sheer horror and some look at you with utter disgust.

A couple of men stopped me for a chat. firstly, a 60 odd year old to tell me that i look like i should be playing for celtic FC. Then another guy on the train to tell me I should take the hat off and "wear it later". i'm not sure what he meant by this as I would neither be wearing this outfit later nor seeing him.

The main thing that stood out to me, not that people were having an opinion but the fact it was such a shock. WE'RE IN LONDON! one of the most multi-cultural, multi-racial, fashion forward cities in the world. every day we walk past something or someone that is 'different' and we dont bat an eyelid. yet, a relatively normal (Ha! i just refered to myself as normal) girl dresses up as an elf at christmas and its like shes just got on the London Underground with TNT strapped to her chest. people act weird.

Much Love
Until next time

Miss Make It Happen




No comments:

Post a Comment