Wednesday 5 August 2015

Un-Social Media

My friend invited me over for the weekend for a few days of fun, Fizz and hot tub madness.

We're currently sat at a table, at 10:30pm, both in front of our computers, talking to each other.... on FACEBOOK! seriously, has the world gone mad, or it is just us?

We've been so sucked in to being 'social' that we've forgotten what the word actually means. Naturally, I thought i would correct our bad ways and erm... write this blog.

A friend of mine likes 'digital down time' and is currently on a week long 'digital detox'. I seriously take my hat off to him. I tried it once and if i'm honest after about 6 hours I would have happily given my right leg to gain access to the bitter sweet world that is social media. You can read his blog HERE

The very thing that is making our world connected and smaller is in actual fact destroying our actual conversation and 1-2-1 human interaction.

You've no doubt heard this rant before from someone else so i'll spare you anymore blah blah blah but answer me this...

Could you do 24hours (or longer) without any digital interaction?

Comment below or tweet me @MIH_Dee and let me know. If you say you can, lets set ourselves a challenge. losers donate £$ to charity. Are you in?

Much Love
Dee
Miss Make It Happen.


2 comments:

  1. I think I could do a digital detox, but I don't know how long I would last
    Ashleigh
    www.not-a-typical-teenager.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to give it a go and let us know. :)

      Delete