Monday 18 January 2016

Don't believe the hype. especially your own.

It's Monday 11th January 2016 (As I am writing this)

We no longer have to say Happy New Year to EVERYONE we speak to.

I woke up with a headache.

It's raining

And It's just been announced that David Bowie has passed away after fighting cancer for 18 months.

I'm not one who will usually buy in to the whole "OMG, Celebrity X has died, how sad" blah blah blah. Yet the news about Bowie got me thinking. His part in the film Labyrinth gave me a place to escape when I was younger and, if i'm honest, I still use the film as a way of escape now (I'm 31!).

Watching my timeline it's quite nice to see all the song lyrics, film quotes and pictures popping up. Bowie was a household name yet he never seemed to feed off of 'celebrity'. He was a household name and he was also a person. Something that celebrities today seem to loose on their way to stardom.

I think we can learn from Bowie here. When we're out there looking, working and fighting for success and making a name for ourselves, We must remember not to lose ourselves in the search for the stardust that is success and celebrity. Don't lose yourself amongst every other Tom, Dick or Harry. Reach for the stars but keep your feet on the floor. None of us are getting out alive but we can get out with some sort of dignity.

Ground Control to Major Tom - He's coming home. RIP Bowie.

Until Next Time
Miss Make It Happen
Facebook - Twitter






No comments:

Post a Comment