Tuesday 5 January 2016

When nothing goes right....

....Fuck it off and drink prosecco.

I've been having 'one of those weeks' (for the past month) where although the world wasn't coming to an end, everything seemed to be going wrong at first or taking longer than expected. My energy levels were zapped and I just couldn't be arsed.

I kept telling myself 'it's ok, it'll pass' but after a few days I decided to think about the WHY. why was I feeling down? why did I have no energy? why had my get up and go, got up and fucked off? Finally my immune system crashed and I ended up in hospital (again! Lolz)

So what caused it?
1 - Bad Sleep
2 - Bad Diet
3 - Negative environment
4 - Negative People

I figured out what was wrong and I had to do something about it.

Bad Sleep - I started to make sure i was in bed by midnight - even if i wasn't asleep, i was still resting my body. Midnight for me is practically lunchtime, i'm used to going to bed at between 2 and 4am recently. Jet lag and Flu simultaneously really messed up my sleep patterns and I just couldn't get back to normal - That was the end of October!

Bad Diet - I'd been forgetting to eat and when I finally got round to it I was either too tired, too lazy or too busy to stand in the kitchen cooking for 30-60 minutes. I love cooking so this really isn't me. This ultimately meant i'd spent the majority of the month starving, eating rubbish or take aways. I started to make a conscious effort to eat and to not be lazy and actually cook food but with Christmas it was really hard. impossible. I haven't been good and have put on half a stone in 3 weeks!

Negative environment -  Well this is embarrassing but lets get it out there anyway... my bedroom looked like a clothes grenade had gone off. Piles of clean clothes that needed to be put away, basket full of dirty washing, 6 half empty water bottles on my bed side cabinet, an empty bottle of fizz in my shoe box (long story),  and a half empty suitcase that i hadn't had time to organise. My home office looked like a bomb had gone off in a stationery cupboard with a few clothes related casualties thrown in for measure. chuck in a box of 'to be sorted' stuff and a cup of half drunk tea and you're beginning to get a picture of why my environment was toxic... I spent the best part of a day sorting through both rooms and all the cupboards. I'm now pleased to say that my environment is now light and flowy.

Negative people - I love talking to people, scrap that, I love listening to people. I'll always make time for people in my life to hear what is going on in their lives - Good or Bad. I have certain times of the week where I have 'catch up' meetings with certain people. I will happily sit there for hours or days helping people sort out their problems but I recently realised that some people just don't want to help themselves. These people were destroying my mood and zapping my energy. These people had to be told and had to be removed from my close circles. As Brad Burton once said - "You need to put your own oxygen mask on first".

If you're feeling down or can't be arsed any more. have a look at what's happening in your life and what you can do to change it. It won't happen over night but in a months time you'll be pleased you started today rather than leaving it another week or so. Plus what better time to start again than the New Year!

You'll have to make some selfish decisions but that won't make you a selfish person.
It might be hard but i guarantee it'll be worth it.

Do It For YOU! Do it for an amazing 2016

Until next time
Much Love
Miss Make It Happen

Facebookers - Twitterz



2 comments:

  1. I can definitely relate and forget to take a step back and view what is really happening. Thanks for sharing your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey lovely, thanks for reading my blog, it's really appreciated. Sometimes all we need is a 5 minutes break. :)

      Delete