Wednesday 30 March 2016

Peaks and Valleys

I've been self employed 6 years this year. I took the big leap in 2010 and to say I haven't looked back, would be a lie.

I've looked back at the comfort blanket of PAYE on many occasions. The guaranteed wages, the set routine, the sick pay, holiday pay, office parties and work/family unit, some one to be accountable to, other than myself.

This last 10 days has been particularly tricky. I'm usually an optimist. I try not to look for problems or the bad in situations. There are no problems, just pending solutions. This week my little world went in to free fall, through no fault of my own. Sh*t started to hit the fan in my business and personal life. I knew who I could turn to but instead I rolled up like a hedgehog and hoped it would go away. I planned a pity party for one and I wanted to hibernate.

Thankfully I have some amazing friends, they sensed what was going on and rather than joining the pity party and feeding me chocolate, they put on their boots and aimed them at my behind. Within 12 hours I had gone from hibernating hedgehog to Sonic the hedgehog. I still had problems but I now also had ideas, solutions and 2 absolutely amazing opportunities. One as a writer and another from a Radio station.

I'm a big believer that things really do happen for a reason. My life had to start to fall apart so I could be pushed out of my comfort zone, change things and see the opportunities that I'd actually been creating for myself. Granted the two big opportunities were offered from outside influences but it was my hard work with my blog and podcast that got me noticed in the first place.

If things are starting to free fall in your world, please don't do what I tried to do. Embrace the change and look for the bright side and opportunities. You don't have to receive them from outside influences, you can use this time to try some thing new, launch a product, change your master plan. Things are falling apart anyway, you might as well try something risky.

Look forward to catching up with you soon
Until then,
Much Love
Miss Make It Happen

Website - Facebook - Twitter - Podcast
*YouTube coming soon*

Take the leap, it could lead to success. 

No comments:

Post a Comment