Wednesday 18 November 2015

I'm off to Mars!

By now half of the world, if not more, probably knows about the ISIS attacks over the last week in various countries across the planet. 

It is truly devastating when innocent people have to die because some people willed it to be. 

I know they had their reasons behind what they done, there will be people who agree with the deaths and a majority who do not. 

I've been thinking about it a lot over the last few days. Keeping track on what the media spoon feed us in to believing, watching videos from (apparently) ISIS themselves, watching Anonymous threaten to track down everyone involve and watch bombs fly east with messages of "from Paris, with love" scrawled on the side. 

I'm not highly educated in regards to the reasoning behind it all. I don't follow politics or religion to any agree where I can appropriately comment but what I do know is how this whole situation has made me feel. 

That's... Scared. 

I live 13 miles from the centre of London on the borders of East London and Essex. On the train today going in to London I was so nervous and all I could think about were the 7/7 bombings. 

When those bombings happened I worked in the recruitment industry. The night before I'd sent 100+ men start times to work in  London, unknowing what was about to unfold the next day. When news hit I cried, because I felt scared and guilty. All I done was my job just like any other day but if I hadn't made those calls those men would have been guaranteed safe. I spent countless hours tracking all of them down. Luckily all was fine. A few friends and acquaintances had been effected in a minor way but as a whole everyone got out ok. 

Those memories will live with me forever and now I hold on to the fear of history repeating itself. I'm scared of what ISIS potentially have planned next, I'm scared of what countries and organisations will do in retaliation and I'm scared of the consequences of what it will do to the human race as a whole. 

Anyone fancy leaving on a rocket ship and taking our chances on Mars? 

Peace out.
Look after yourself. 

Miss Make It Happen. 




No comments:

Post a Comment