Monday 22 February 2016

Brad Camp - Become A Better Speaker

On Tuesday 26th January I travelled from London to Walsall (40 Minutes north of Birmingham) to attend Brad Burton's 'Be A Better Speaker' day.

I hate, actually hate public speaking and the night before to say I lost sleep was an understatement.

The day started with open networking and breakfast. A great opportunity to get to know your fellow campers and grab a bite to eat.

We were then taken to a room and it was explained what was going to happen during the day.

At this point i'm torn between telling you exactly what happens during the day and letting you find out for yourself.

What did I learn about me as a speaker?
- The more I talk, the less anxious I become
- I need to practice more
- I know where I want to go as a speaker
- I have ideas, oh so many ideas
- What my assets are

I could go on all day, but If you want to know what type of speaker you are, what your plan should be for becoming the bets you can and what you'll need in the process I thoroughly recommend hitting the link below and finding the next #BradCamp

BRADCAMP

Why did I attend BradCamp? Although I love helping people by telling my story and sharing my experiences, I have two fears in life - Heights and Public Speaking. I believe in what I have to say and I am, after some internal digging, proud to be able to speak to people about what i've had go right and wrong with my life, I just hate the thought of being centre of attention in a "professional" capacity. BradCamp has definitely changed that for me, so watch this space.....

Much Love
Dee
Miss Make It Happen

Website - Facebook - Twitter


No comments:

Post a Comment