Monday 8 February 2016

You're not always right.

On Tuesday 26th January I had an accident. Well, technically I  had two related accidents.

Firstly, A car door slammed shut on my head in a wind related accident. Then after a 4 hour journey home, I got in to bed and knocked myself out for 14 hours by hitting my head on a wall.

For the next few days I just got on with the headache. A few friends asked me to go to the hospital as I wasn't getting better and they were worried due to me being epileptic. I knew best, I was fine... I don't need the hospital.

7 days in, I was still not myself and I cannot shift the headache. I ended up in hospital being passed between nurses and doctors for 7 hours. 5 hours in and we're pretty sure it's a bad case of concussion until two doctors decide to to swap notes or whatever doctors do.

"I've just spoken to the the doctor you've just seen and we need to get you up to have a CT scan ASAP."

*confused look from me* at this stage I thought I was on my way home.

"For the possible bleed on your brain".

oh.

Within 30 minutes I had my head in a CT scanner and was willing my brain to be ok. It already goes through enough and neither of us need this.

Luckily, my scans came back clear for any bleeding and I was sent home with the diagnosis of bad concussion that I can expect to be reminded of for a while yet.

The point i'm trying to make is - I was wrong not listening to my friends. It's quite scary to think that if I had had a bleed on the brain, I could have been left a lot worse off than a concussion.

When people are offering you advice, think to yourself WHY they are. Sometimes, just sometimes they could be doing it for the right reason, because they care and who knows...it could save your life

On that happy note
Until Next Time
Much Love
Miss Make It Happen

Facebook - Twitter



No comments:

Post a Comment