Thursday 10 July 2014

It Feels Like I've Known You Forever...

Two things happened to me yesterday that really stood out.

Firstly, I met up with an old friend who I haven't spoken to for over a year. We'd had a falling out some time back and we were meeting to build bridges. When I saw him, it felt like the past had never happened. We were meant to be friends and be involved in each others lives. Life is too short to hold grudges and keep people in the dog house. Turns out we'd been absent from each others lives during a massive turning point for both of us. If we had stayed friends would we have helped each other or been a hindrance, who knows? The important point is we were now talking again. Unfortunately, we only had about 90 minutes to catch up but in that time I couldn't help stare at my friend. His smile, his animated hand gestures, his passion for his work. He'd been through a lot and he was now happy. In fact, we were both happy. It didn't matter what happened in the past, My friend was happy and that's the important part. I'm happy for him. (Lots of 'Happy' in those last few sentences, did you pick up on that?)
If you are holding a grudge against an old friend, ask yourself this - If they died tomorrow, would you feel sad / miss them? If the answer is yes, pick up the phone and make amends. My friendship was salvaged because I received a text message that simply said 'I Miss You'. Do something today, before it's too late.

Secondly, I had a dinner booked. 2 of the people I knew and had previously met before, and the 3rd I had only ever spoken to on social media. We'd talked a lot and got to know each other but I was somewhat surprised how natural our friendship was after meeting for the first time. It was as if we'd known each other for years. Never underestimate the importance of building relationships over social media.Not everyone is a keyboard warrior / stalker / rapist. It really takes the awkwardness out of initial meetings!

Until Next Time,
Much Love

Miss Make It Happen

www.MissMakeItHappen.co.uk
www.twitter.com/MIH_Dee


No comments:

Post a Comment